- One of the main cities of the Guangdong province located north of Hong Kong
- In 1979 adopted the reform and opening-up policy, leading to numerous foreign companies investing over 300 billion dollars on enterprises in Shenzhen
- At present the GDP of Shenzhen has become the top 5 among Asia.
- In recent years, Shenzhen has focussed on developing the service industry rather than manufacturing.
- Increasing number of local and foreign brands have set up their retail stores in famous shopping malls such as The Mixc in Shenzhen, local chain restaurants of Shenzehn have now become popular in Hong Kong too.
Recommended transport to Shenzhen from Hong Kong
- Guangzhou-Shenzhen-Hong Kong High Speed Rail from Hong Kong West Kowloon Station
- MTR to Lo Wu Station or Lok Ma chau Station in Hong Kong
- Located on the west bank of the Pearl River estuary, adjoining Macau
- Since its establishment as a special economic zone in 1980, Zhuhai has experienced rapid economic development, particularly in industrial production.
- In 2017 Zhuhai ranked third in overnight foreign tourist numbers, after Guangzhou and Shenzhen, as a result of the rapid expansion of the tourism industry in recent years.
- Chimelong is a famous attraction and resort in Zhuhai, which includes theme parks, hotels, exhibition centres and shopping malls.
- With the implementation of multiple advanced technologies and creative designs the park was awarded by many organizations.
- In particular, the Ocean Park in Chimelong was awarded the Thea Award for Outstanding Achieve - Theme Park by the Themed Entertainment Association in 2014.
Recommended transport to Zhuhai from Hong Kong
- Use of Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge by car or bus from Hong Kong
- Located along the Pearl River Delta, South of Guangdong Province and West of the Pearl River estuary, North of the adjoining city of Zhuhai and 60km away from Hong Kong to the East.
- Consists of three parts; the Macao Peninsula, Taipa and Coloane
- The Macao Peninsula is the centre of urban development in Macao
- Taipa and Coloane, originally two separate islands, are connected by land reclamation. The reclamation area has since then developed into Cotai, which holds many large hotels and resorts.
- Macao pursues an open economic policy
- It is one of the regions with the lowest tax rates in the Greater Bay Area
- The stable fiscal system of Macao makes it a city with strong economic vitality in the Asia-Pacific region, further enhanced by unlimited foreign exchange, housing a free port and having its own customs territory.
- It is also an important gateway linking Mainland China with international markets
- Since the establishment of the Macao Special Administrative Region, the economy has maintained high growth rates driven by the tourism and gambling industries. The gambling and junket activities are the main pillars of Macao, accounting for 49.1% of its overall industrial structure in 2017.
Recommended transport to Macao from Hong Kong
- Guangzhou is the capital of Guangdong Province, located in the south-central part of the Guangdong Province.
- Guangzhou focuses on advanced manufacturing industries with three pillar industries of Guangzhou’s development; automobiles, electronics and petrochemical industries.
- Supported by six cutting-edge production bases for automobiles, ship and marine engineering equipment, nuclear power equipment, computer numerical control equipment, petrochemicals and fine steel manufacturing
- There are more than 50 industrial areas and parks, focusing on automobiles, petrochemicals and electronics in the east, port-related equipment manufacturing in the south, and airport-based economy in the north.
- As a Pearl River Port, Guangzhou has a good harbour for ocean freight. Guangzhou further acts as a railway junction and hub of civil aviation in southern China
Youth Innovation Entrepreneurship bases
- Multiple youth innovation entrepreneurship bases are present in Guangzhou, offering the young pioneers of Guangdong, Hong Kong and Macao a wide range of support services to foster youth innovation and entrepreneurship in recent years
- The South China Advanced Materials Innovation Park, established in 2013, is a national technology business incubator. Key industries include new materials, biomedicine, electronic information, energy conservation and environmental protection, and high-tech service industry.
- The "Chuang Hui Gu" (hub of creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship - cultural and creative community for young people in Guangdong, Hong Kong and Macao), established in 2016, is a cluster for high and new technology, internet, culture and creative industry, and E-commerce.
Recommended transport to Guangzhou from Hong Kong
- High speed railways: Guangzhou–Shenzhen–Hong Kong Express Rail Link
- Dongguan is located in the south-central parts of Guangdong Province, situated along the east bank of the Pearl River Estuary and sits in the center of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area as well as the middle section of the Guangzhou-Shenzhen science and technology innovation corridor.
- Dongguan's pillar industries are electronic information, electrical machinery and equipment, textile, garment, shoes and accessories, food and beverage processing, and papermaking and paper products.
- A cluster of emerging industries including LED lighting, new flat display, and photovoltaics have also become a part of Dongguans industries.
Youth innovation Entrepreneurship bases
- The Dongguan Tianan Cyber Park Technology Business Incubator is a national technology business incubator which has since then, set up a Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan cooperation platform. It has a coworking space named T+Space and an entrepreneurship base for young entrepreneurs. It also provides support including financial services, talent cooperation, technical support, specialised services and policy support to Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan enterprises.
- Changping Science & Technology Park, specialises in industrial design, new materials technology, information technology, software and network technologies, and inspection and testing. Consists of Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan enterprises.
- The entrepreneurship base for youths of Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan, established in 2016 is the first cross-strait youth innovation entrepreneurship base in Dongguan recognised by the state council.
- Lianfeng creative valley technology enterprise incubator, provides services including talent recruitment, policy consultation, start-up financing, product commercialisation and resources sharing
Recommended transport to Dongguan from hong Kong
- Guangzhou-Shenzhen-Hong Kong High Speed Rail.
- Zhongshan is located along the south-central parts of the Pearl River Delta, North of Guangzhou and is close to Hong Kong and Macao.
- A key transportation node on the west bank of the Pearl River
- Zhongshan is a base for advanced manufacturing and modern service industries, it is also a pilot city for industrial upgrading in the Guangdong Province.
- The only bonded logistics centre on the west bank of the Pearl River Estuary is located in Zhongshan.
Youth innovation Entrepreneurship bases
- In June 2019, the Zhongshan Municipal Government issued the Working Plan to Strengthen Business Start-up and Innovative Demonstrative Bases for Hong Kong and Macao Youths. This includes equal start-up training, employment and rental subsidy benefits to Hong Kong and Macao youth with business start-ups in Zhongshan.
- Established in 2017, the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao-Taiwan youth innovation entrepreneurship base serves as an innovation and entrepreneurship platform for young people of the four cities, providing them with one-stop support services. Its major scope of business is bio-medical equipment.
Recommended transport to access Zhongshan from Hong Kong
- Hong Kong-Guangzhou-Zhongshan high speed train
- Bus: China Travel Tours (CTS)